Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wish Me Luck

Justin's post
First of all I'm terrible for not posting for the last few days.  It's no excuse, but I've had a really busy week.  More about that later.  The second thing is that I'm running a half marathon tomorrow!  In case you can't tell, that's both an excited and scared exclamation point.  I've run a few races before and they're a lot of fun.  It's actually very different from a normal run because with all the people there is a real sense of excitement.  There is also the competitive element although as far back as I run everyone is pretty much competing against themselves.  I plan on meeting up with one of my co-workers who is also running, but I expect that she'll be ahead of me most of the race.  So I'm pretty excited for the race.  At the same time I'm nervous because my knee started hurting randomly today.  There was no injury or anything, just out of the blue it started hurting.  I'm really hoping that it will feel better in the morning.  And a point of frustration: I came home today with my race packet including my number card which has a computer chip they use to record your starting and finishing times.  My 4-year-old got ahold of the number card and crumpled it up.  I'm really hoping the computer chip wasn't damaged.  So I'm really excited and nervous to run the half marathon tomorrow.  Wish me luck!


As I mentioned, this week has been really busy for me.  I work for a large multi-national company and lately I've had a lot of late night teleconferences with colleagues in Korea, China, Singapore, etc.  I still managed to find time to exercise most nights, but I was obviously lousy at finding time to post.  Wednesday night I played basketball, Thursday I failed to exercise, and Friday I used the elliptical.  Today I decided to count mowing the lawn and other yard work as exercise.  I think that should be kosher considering that according to Calorie Count mowing the lawn should burn about 408 calories per hour.  Also, I didn't want to do anything too extreme considering that I'm running a half marathon tomorrow.  So I think I did reasonably well this week all things considered.


What I was proud of today
I think I was smart yesterday to get my exercise in early.  We try to get out and do something fun as a family on Friday nights, which can make it hard to get the exercise time in.  Knowing I would have this issue, I made sure to spend 30 minutes on the elliptical shortly after getting home from work.


What I wasn't proud of today
Missing exercise on Thursday.  I had a teleconference until about 9:30, and then I lost track of time watching something on TV.  I certainly could have at least done some sit-ups and pushups when I was watching TV.


Track of the day
Out On the Town - Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment