Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finding Time to Exercise

Justin's post
It can be really hard to find time to exercise.  Or more accurately, it can be really hard to find the motivation to devote what little extra time you have to exercise.  Today was a perfect example of that.  My work is a  regular Monday to Friday 40+ hour job and I am the parent of two young children.  To complicate that, Kim is out of town this week, so my non-work hours are almost completely taken up with the kids.  When I finally had them in bed I was so tempted to take the night off and relax.  But I committed to changing my lifestyle, so I made myself do a 30 minute fat burn cycle on the elliptical.  I figure I have at least 30 minutes to spare any given day, so its my commitment to spend it exercising.


What I was proud of today
Other than the 30 minutes on the elliptical, I was proud of doing active things with my kids today.  We played basketball and rode bikes outside and after bath time we had a dance party.  I blasted the Black-Eyed Peas and we danced like crazy.  By the way, this is a common method at our house to wear them out before bedtime.  Tonight it only took two songs before my 4-year-old went off and grabbed a pillow and blanket.


What I wasn't proud of today
With Kim going out of town she stocked the house with easy meals, such as the hot dogs we had tonight.


Track of the day
Pump It - The Black-Eyed Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment