Thursday, April 12, 2012

Church Ball

Justin's post
I really mean to post every day, but stuff happens, I get busy, or plain forget.  Yesterday instead of the normal exercise routine I played basketball with a bunch of guys from my church.  Its play basketball with them occasionally and its great exercise.  Today I ran 5 miles following my normal route.  The weather was so good I couldn't have asked for better conditions.


Playing church ball is quite the experience.  We are far from professional and tend to get fairly aggressive--to the point where the game is closer to a fame of tackle football.  I'm not vertically gifted, so when playing basketball I compensate by hustling to beat the others to the other side of the court and by playing scrappy and aggressive on defense.  So I usually end up running for a solid hour or more when we get together and I leave exhausted and drenched in sweat.  It feels great--I'm a real "natural high" type of guy if you haven't noticed.


What I was proud of today
There is a delicate balance between cutting calories and exercising aggressively.  If you do too much of either you'll run yourself into the ground.  I think I've struck a good balance between the two lately.  That said, I've probably been a little low on the calories as I haven't felt quite as energetic as I could have.


What I wasn't proud of today
I actually can't think of anything at the moment...


Track of the day
The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco

No comments:

Post a Comment