Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sweating

Justin's post 
This might sound funny, but I like sweating. When I'm working out and I start to feel the sweat running down my face I feel great. I think its a form of instant gratification for me--its reinforcement that what I'm doing is working. Its a similar idea as to why I enjoy running outside much more than running on a treadmill. The drops of sweat are like the passing scenery telling me that I'm doing a good job. 


Sweating is one of the saving graces of using a treadmill or elliptical. I've written in the past about how I really struggle with only having the electronic display on the machine counting down the workout and how I need something more viceral than just a number to give me feedback. So as I was using the elliptical tonight I was reflecting on how I enjoyed the sweat. I find it very satisfying that just 30 minutes on the elliptical can leave me drenched in sweat. Intellectually I know this isn't necessarily a good measure of the workout because when I run outside I don't usually get as sweaty (I think its because the sweat evaporates faster when I run outside). But whatever the case it makes me feel good and its important to stay motivated. 


What I was proud of today 
I've definitely been getting back into the my exercise habits the past two days and I've been playing catch up at the same time with the yard work that didn't get done when I was gone. Yesterday I ran 5 miles and mowed my lawn and today I used the elliptical for 30 minutes plus more yard work that I didn't have time for yesterday. 


What I wasn't proud of today 
Although I worked hard yesterday I still ate too much for Yummy Monday. This is really becoming a theme... which I'm also not proud of... 


Track of the day 
Dragostea Din Tei - OZONE 
These guys were an internet sensation a few years ago (or at least the chubby "Numa Numa" guy). But the song is fun and the music video is hilarious. Its like Romania had to make up for spending the 80's behind the Iron Curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment